Waaay back in the year 2000, I graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor’s of Science and a double major: Mass Communications (emphasis on Advertising) and English (emphasis on Creative Writing).
So, although I’ve proudly engaged in many other forms of professional writing since then — such as journalism, photography, public relations, and online marketing, to name a few — the foundation of my education is in advertising.
My professional advertising career began during my internship at Hatling & Thomas, Ltd., an ad agency in St. Cloud, Minnesota. From there, I moved on to the Fingerhut Corporation, a major catalog and direct mail retailer, where I quickly rose from the ranks of copy editor to copywriter.
In the ten years since I left Fingerhut due to company downsizing and moved to California, I’ve had many opportunities to utilize my creative writing skills to create concise, compelling, creative copy for a wide variety of print ads, Internet ads, and direct mail catalogs. Some highlights can be found below.
- Print ad: Aplus.net • February 2008
- Print ad: Invite Ignite Unite: California Credit Union League • September 2004
- Catalog copy: Fingerhut Digital (electronics) • Stereos • Video Games • Home Theater • Flatscreen TVs • 2001
- Catalog copy: Fingerhut Fashion • Women’s Fashion • Men’s Fashion • Women’s Shoes • Beauty Products • 2001
- Catalog copy: Fingerhut Home • Kitchen Appliances • Catalog Cover 1 • Catalog Cover 2 • 2001